In recent years, the wind power industry has more than doubled its capacity leading to a doubling in the demand for crane scales as well. Sales of Ron Crane Scales by Eilon Engineering have grown proportionately.
In the wind power industry, Eilon Engineering dynamometers and crane scales are increasingly being used in the construction, testing, and maintenance of turbines.
- Proof load of the turbine hoist as well as overload adjustment
- Overload prevention
- Controlled tensioning of underwater power cables
- Construction and Installation
- Dismantling and repair of units in inclement weather conditions
- Weighing and balancing of turbine blades before shipment from the manufacturing plant
- Measuring the tension of tower guy wires.
- Blade-bearing inspection
Eilon Engineering manufactures high-quality, durable, wireless or wired crane scales and dynamometers for all manner of heavy rigging tasks, including the installation and maintenance of wind farms.
With over four decades of experience, Eilon has worked with some of the world’s leading wind turbine manufacturers such as Vestas, Siemens and GE, and boasts a client list of top companies and institutions such as the U.S. military, Boeing, NASA, and Lockheed Martin, as well as other Fortune 500 companies and smaller businesses.
- Optional IP67 for offshore applications (IP65 standard)
- Data logging: up to 10,000 values. Automatic or Manual
- Reliability - 40 years in market with repeat customers like NASA & Boeing
- Long transmission range – up to 1 kilometer (2/3 mile) optional
- Standard remote readout
- Hundreds of wireless load cell values displayed on a real-time load map on laptop, tablet, and smartphones screens
- Certification of proof load testing and calibration
- The exclusive use of high-grade aerospace steel for load cell bodies
- Shackle holes offset 90 degrees to reduce external moments
- Battery life of up to 2000 hours (4,000 hour option)
- Short length for minimal headroom loss
- Lightweight and portable
- Advanced wireless technology - multiple load cells can be read from a single laptop in real-time; long transmission range; and low energy consumption
- Fully tested and supplied with a test certificate, including a fully traceable calibration chart
Ron 2501 and Ron StageMaster™ The wireless Ron 2501 dynamometer is particularly suited to the wind power industry.
It is the smallest, lightest and most versatile wireless dynamometer on the market and critically ensures that the received and indicated value is 100% identical to the transmitted value.
Its small size makes for easy portability and minimal headroom loss.
The Ron StageMaster 6000G4 uses a practically unlimited number of wireless Ron 2501 load cells together with a Central Radio Receiver and a real time load map.