In recent years, the wind power industry has more than doubled its capacity leading to a doubling in the demand for crane scales as well. Sales of Ron Crane Scales by Eilon Engineering have grown proportionately.
In the wind power industry, Eilon Engineering dynamometers and crane scales are increasingly being used in the construction, testing, and maintenance of turbines.
- Proof load of the turbine hoist as well as overload adjustment
- Overload prevention
- Controlled tensioning of the underwater power cables
- Dismantling and repair of units in inclement weather conditions
- Weighing and balancing the blades before shipment from the manufacturing plant
- Measuring the tension of the towers’ guy wires (where employed)
- Blade-bearing inspection
Eilon Engineering manufactures high-quality, durable, wireless or wired crane scales and dynamometers for all manner of heavy rigging tasks, including the installation and maintenance of wind farms.
With over three decades of experience, Eilon has worked with some of the world’s leading wind turbine manufacturers such as Vestas, Siemens and GE, and boasts a client list of top companies and institutions such as the U.S. military, Boeing, NASA, and Lockheed Martin, as well as other Fortune 500 companies and smaller businesses.
- IP67 or partial underwater IP68-1 rating for offshore applications (IP65 standard)
- Data logging: up to 10,000 values. Automatic or Manual
- Reliability - 30 years in market with repeat customers like NASA & Boeing
- Long transmission range – up to 1 kilometer (2/3 mile) optional
- Standard remote readout
- Hundreds of wireless load cell values displayed on a real-time load map on laptop, tablet, and smart phones screens
- Certification of proof load testing and calibration
- The exclusive use of high-grade aerospace steel for load cell bodies
- Shackle holes offset 90 degrees to reduce external moments
- Battery life of up to 5000 hours (10,000 hour option)
- Short length for minimal headroom loss
- Light weight and portable
- Advanced wireless technology - multiple load cells can be read from a single laptop in real-time; long transmission range; and low energy consumption
- Fully tested and supplied with a test certificate, including a fully traceable calibration chart