The LCDT Selectronic Tattletale system is a compact fault annunciator
with an electronic alarm/shutdown control system. It was designed to
protect engine-driven or motor-driven compressors and pumps. The
annunciator indicates the sensor, and hence the parameter, that causes
an alarm or shutdown. In addition, a means is provided for testing the
operation of each sensor without initiating an alarm or shutdown.
Employing a liquid crystal display, the LCDT system gives a digital
reading of the tripped sensor and the lockout timer countdown.
As the heart of the system, the basic annunciator component has two
variations: the Model LCDT-NO, which accommodates normally open sensors,
and the Model LCDT-NC, which accommodates normally closed sensors.
These units are enclosed in an aluminum box having a brush finish. The
LCDT system accommodates 47 sensor inputs, 15 of which may be locked out
during start-up by the start/run timer delay.
A separate power supply is provided with the model LCDT instrument.
Power may be supplied by CD ignition, a 120 VAC line, or by 12 or 24 VDC
Intended for use with all Swichgage instruments without OS option.
- System alarm or shutdown for up to 47 sensors.
- Timed start-up overrride for up to 15 sensors.
- Liquid Crystal Display of tripped sensors and the lockout timer countdown.
- Test timer for shutdown override during sensor test.
- Intrinsically safe annunciator unit; Class I, Division 1, Group D Hazardous Locations.
- Explosion-proof power supply.
- A battery maintains the electronics while the engine is not running.
- Optional 3-second time delay allows a fuel valve to close before grounding the ignition.
The basic LCDT system consists of (1) the LCDT module, (2) the terminal strip and cable assembly, and (3) the power supply.
LCDT Moduledescribed on front page.
Terminal Strip and Cable Assembly
type Terminal Strip has 50 screw-type connections for normally open
sensors and 100 connections for normally closed sensors. The terminal
strip can be connected to the LCDT module with the 36 in. (914 mm) long
flat ribbon cable.
You have a choice of input power
supplies: LCDT-PS-CD (R)-P and LCDT-PS-CD-N for CD ignition or
LCDT-PS-120/24/12 for 120 VAC or 12 or 24 VDC. Each power supply
includes control Inputs/Outputs and an intrinsically safe barrier. They
were designed for Class I, Divisions 1 and 2, Group D Hazardous
Locations. FM and CSA listed.